If your Development team still using AngularJS, This news for you…
Currently we can use AngularJS Version 1.6 from angularjs.org. Recently they are planning one more release & long term support.
In the official blog announcement .
AngularJS is stable framework for building Web Apps & Millions of developers using by the web, Because it is an extremely stable release 1.6.
Meanwhile Angular has been growing more than 5x faster than AngularJS & we have many existing Angular releases on this year. See this schedule here
We know that many developers are still using AngularJS, and that the Migration process to angular takes time. So that team is currently working a release of AngularJS 1.7 & we will continue development of 1.7 through June 30,2018 & we will enter a 3 year period of Long Term Supports (LTS).
- January 1 — June 30, 2018 AngularJS 1.7 Active Development
- July 1, 2018 — June 30, 2021 AngularJS 1.7 LTS Period
After this release team doesn’t intend to merge any features and minor breaking change publishing patch releases, 1.7.1, 1.7.2 etc, through June 30,2018.
We will focus exclusively providing fixes on Long Term Support following some criteria.
- A security flaw is detected in the 1.7.x branch of the framework
- One of the major browsers releases a version that will cause current production applications using AngularJS 1.7.x to stop working
- The jQuery library releases a version that will cause current production applications using AngularJS 1.7.x to stop working.